Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pants to Match Cutie Patootie



Even though there was no matching pants pattern for the Cutie Patootie sweater I made, I was determined to find one I could use/modify to make a pair. A friend gave me a Patons Cuitie Pie baby pattern book that had a pair of pants in it that I decided to see if I could modify. I did a little math to recalculate the stitch count, since the Bernat Soy was a heavier weight than the Patons Bumblebee it was written for. I also left off the granny square cuffs at the bottom replacing them with a longer pant and the picot trim I used for the sweater.

I'm very pleased with how the pants turned out. I didn't finish the elastic off yet because I'm going to wait until my baby is ready to wear them and customize the fit.






You can see the set looks like it was made from two matching patterns.







No comments: