Pages

Friday, March 02, 2007

Freeform in Progress

I've been working on my scrumbles for this year's International Freeform Challenge. There are two challenges:
  • Elements: The first exhibit will be based on your interpretation of 4 elements:
    Fire, Earth, Air and Water. Each element is a separate scrumble.
  • Tree of Life: The second exhibit is The Tree of Life/Peace will be a display of 3 dimensional FF pieces that will hang from the limbs of tree branches.

Each challenge requires that gold thread be somewhere in each piece to signify unity. We could do one challenge, both, or parts. I chose the elements.

I'm finished with Water and not really pleased with it, but it's good enough. The deadline is next week for the online exhibition, so I can't be too picky. I'm working on Fire now and really liking how it's turning out. Next I'll tackle Air and finally Earth.

Unfortunately, I can't post pictures until the online exhibition because the pieces are going to be unveiled all at once. I'll post more information here once that happens.

No comments: