Pages

Monday, December 04, 2006

Deconstructed Denim Skirt


I finally finished the skirt I was making for my stepdaughter for Christmas. I started with a pair of thrift store jeans, a yard of fabric, and some eyelet trim. I followed part of the instructions from this pattern on the Simplicity website. Instead of attaching two ruffle layers to the jean yoke, I cut one layer 1.5 times the size of the yoke bottom and cut the second layer 1.5 times the size of the first ruffle layer. I attached the eyelet trim to the bottom of the second layer and topstiched it with a decorative stitch. I then gathered both layers after using a basting stitch on the tops of them. I attached the first layer to the yoke bottom and the second layer to the first bottom. All in all, it was a relatively quick and easy project. Someday I'll make one for myself, too!

No comments: