Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Freeform Slippers

I will be making a pair of freeform slippers for my stepdaughter for Christmas. A few ladies on my freeform group did this and they turned out great, so I wanted to give it a try, too. My stepdaughter had outgrown her slippers from last year, so I thought now is the time to make her a freeform pair.
To start with, I got a pair of those mesh slippers that were all the rage a few seasons ago at the dollar store. Anything with mesh is great to use for freeform because the scrumbles can be sewn on using the holes in the mesh. First I had to remove the beads and sequins from the mesh, which I'll be using in another project now that I'm getting into beading. They were sewn on with thread and easily removed. It was more difficult keeping the beads from falling on the floor! You can see how much beading was originally on the shoe in the other pair I bought for myself. Now I have a blank canvas to work with. It shouldn't take me too long to work these up. I'm planning on using all kinds of pinks in various yarn textures. It should be fun!


No comments: