Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Baby Shower Gifts

I have been working on a few gifts for my sister-in-law's baby shower this Sunday. So far I have crocheted her a baby blanket and sewn a baby sling.

I used Patons Cha Cha eyelash yarn together with some sport weight yarn for the blanket. I just chained the width I wanted it to be and did single crochet rows. I then edged it with Patons Pixie in double crochet. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

For the sling I followed the pattern on the Maya Wraps website. It's a quick sew. I've made a few of these for myself and friends and find that they make great shower gifts! I use mine all the time to carry my baby boy!

I'm also working on baby booties now using a Lion Brand pattern. I have one done so far using Bernat Baby Coordinates doubled instead of the Watercolors yarn called for in the pattern. I hope they fit a newborn. I used needles 2 sizes larger than the pattern calls for because the first one I knitted up looked way too small. Even the second one compared to my son's 10-month-old foot still looks really small.

I hope she likes these gifts! I've really enjoyed making them!


After I'm done with the booties I'm going to start working on a few of my own unfinished projects. Those keep getting pushed aside so that I can make gifts for others. I want to at least get a shrug done that I have been working on so that I can wear it before I have to start making Christmas gifts!

No comments: