Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Finishing Projects

I have so many projects for my daughter that I need to finish up so that I can post them. Right now I'm working on the following:
  • Kids' Club Skirt--It looks like it won't fit her anytime soon. It was supposed to be 12 months size but looks like 2 years instead.
  • VK baby sweater designed by Michelle Rose Orne--I just have to weave in ends and add the buttons.
  • Freeform sweater--It now needs to be made larger for her, which is easy with freeform.

In the meantime I managed to make another Economical Baby Blanket. I just need to add the birth information and will take a picture of it. If I get around to it, I'll post instructions for how to add the edging to the blanket along with the modified edging pattern.

There are so many other patterns I want to try out for Keira before she gets too big. The problem is that I don't have time to knit them all. I probably will need to get out the calculator and resize the patterns for a larger size and/or use bulkier yarn for the project to get a larger size. A lot of the baby patterns use fine guage yarn, so I substituting sport or worsted weight yarn will proabably do the trick. It's a good thing I have a large stash!

No comments: