Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Before and After

Since I've been editing and playing around with photos so much lately, my mom asked me to fix her 36-year old wedding dress photo. It was a photo that had been touched up with paint. That was the "in" thing back then apparently. I'm not sure what it looked like originally, but after 30-plus years, my mom's lips and cheeks were white and her hair was gray. The photo also had some scratches on it. She wanted me to use some photo pens to touch up the original photo and then scan it in so it could be enlarged.
Well, I didn't want to risk damaging the original photo so I scanned it in and went to work with it in Photoshop Elements. After many iterations of using the clone tool, then the paintbrush and magic extractor, I had a digital copy of my mom's wedding dress photo that actually looked like her and had normal colors. You can see the results below.

No comments: