Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Scrumbles Finished!


I finally finished my scrumbles for the Free Form Garment Challenge for Chain Link. I contributed to both the jacket in jewel tones and the shawl in watercolor tones. It took me a little longer than expected to get them done because I didn't like the first two scrumbles I did for the coat. (The larger ones at the bottom.)
I couldn't send them to Prudence that way, so I redid the two. I took off the parts I didn't like and embellished over other areas. I like them much better!
I also decided to add a paisley motif to the mix, since I put one in with the water colors scrumbles and liked it a lot.
With the water color scrumbles, it was much easier for me to make them. I think it was due to my color selection. The colors worked well together so I didn't have to force it like I felt I was doing with the jewel tones.
Through this process I've discovered how much I like adding the knitted garter stitch leaves with surface crochet to my freeform.

No comments: